Monday was an excellent first day of our return to in-class learning! Seeing the students smiles and hearing them laugh and enjoy themselves was a wonderful way to start the week!!
Below are a few reminders, to help ensure things go smoothly throughout the day:
Morning Health Checks, at Home:
- Before the students come to school, we would appreciate if all families could complete an initial health check. It is extremely important that all children who enter the school are healthy and symptom free of any type of illness. Please click on the link below, which lists questions you should be asking each day.
- Daily Health Check at Home
- If the answer is “yes” to any of the questions in the document, please keep your child at home.
Morning Drop-off :
- Please remember to give your children a hug, a kiss, and say good-bye at the school gates. The children can then walk onto the school grounds independently.
- Our goal is to minimize the number of adults on the school grounds, at the beginning of the day.
- Hopefully, children will be on time, so they can do the Health Check with their classroom teacher. If a student is late due to an appointment, please have your child come to the main office, knock on the door, and an office staff member will complete the Health Check and the student can then walk to class.
- Teachers will be parking off school grounds to open up parking spots, so parents can park, walk to collect their children from the class pick-up spot, and then immediately head home. At the end of the day, we are working towards keeping the school grounds free of groups of adults. Please only use the drive-thru lane if you see your child waiting at the fence.
- Children who ride their bikes or walk, will be dismissed at 2:05.
- Playgrounds will be closed at the end of the day, until 2:30.
- Continue to encourage your children to practice the healthy habits of hand-washing and physical distancing.
- Provide your children with a couple of filled water bottles and easy to open food containers.
- Parents, caregivers and guests will not be allowed in the building, unless they schedule an appointment with Mr. Menzies or Mme Jegues. If you need to give your child a message, please contact the main office (250.832.3741).
- We would like to keep to the weekly schedule of which students will be at school as firm as possible. If you decide to have your child attend school or you choose to have your child stop attending, please contact Mr. Menzies or Mme Jegues. A survey will be sent home each week, so families can indicate whether they would like to keep the schedule the same or make a change to the schedule, for the following week.
- If your children are not attending school, please refrain from having your children come to the school to visit with friends at Recess, Lunch or the end of the day. Only students who are scheduled to be at school should be on the school grounds.
Thank you very much for your continued support!!!